To enter the prize draw, entrants must apply in accordance with the following entry method:
From 10th April 2017 visit http://careers.legalandgeneralgroup.com and submit your suggestion for a house name alongside your name and email address via email to
email@example.com with the subject Homes Competition. There will be two houses to be named. Entries must be submitted before 3rd May April 2017. Four finalists will be selected and put to a public vote across social media, two of which will be winners. The winners as chosen by the public will have their house name mounted on a plaque and placed on one of the houses built at the development site and will receive a Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband.
Terms and conditions applicable:
By entering this prize draw entrants agree to these terms and conditions. Consent will be sought from the winner of each prize draw for the use and publish of their name. We may also request their consent to take part in post-prize draw publicity.
- All entrants must be over 18 years.
- This prize draw is open to residents of England, Wales and Scotland only.
- Employees or agents of Legal & General and their families and any other person acting in connection with this prize draw are ineligible to participate.
- Entries considered by Legal & General to have been submitted in an unsportsmanlike manner and/or contain offensive or harmful content will not be included in the prize draw. Legal & General’s decision in this regard is final.
- Entries are limited to one per person.
- By entering the competition you consent for your entry and name to be used by Legal & General for promotional purposes including use on the Legal & General Facebook page, Legal & General Twitter account and other online and media formats as may be deemed appropriate by Legal & General (e.g. in a press release).
- Two prizes will be allocated to each winner of this prize draw. There will be two winners. The prize available will be the naming of a house selected by Legal & General with the winning name mounted on a plaque on the outside of the house and a Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize. Legal & General reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
- The size and colour of the Fitbit will be determined upon completion of the competition and will be purchased via Amazon.co.uk.
- Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion.
- The prize draw will open on Monday 10th April 2017 at 12pm. Entries will close at 3pm 3rd May 2017. The following week voting will open on social media on the 8th May.
- Entries will be narrowed down to top 20, then a top 4 by Legal & General from which there will be 2 winners voted for by the public.
- Voting will be carried out using social platform specific interactions, e.g. Facebook Like Interactions.
- The winner will be contacted by Legal & General via the email address with which they enter the competition and they must send their address and postcode to enable the prize to be dispatched. The winner must respond by email within 4 weeks of Legal & General’s notification message. Failure to respond within 4 weeks of Legal & General’s notification message will result in the initially selected winner waiving his/her right to the prize, another valid entry being selected from the remaining entries, and notification sent to a new winner, in the same manner detailed above. This process will continue until a winner contacts Legal & General with the requested information to verify themselves within the 4 week timeframe.
- Once the winner has been verified and notified, details of the winning entry and name may be published on the Legal & General Facebook page, Legal & General Twitter account and other online and media formats as may be deemed appropriate by Legal & General (e.g. in a press release).
Legal & General will name the house at a later date. Legal & General reserve the right to set the date of which the plaque is mounted on the house.
- The home owners reserve the right to change or remove the name of the house at any point after the competition has ended.
Legal & General will aim to dispatch the second prize to the winner’s address within 30 days.
- Only house names, email addresses and name data will be collected via email and will be for competition purposes only. We will also collect the winner’s address details to enable delivery of the prize also via email.
- All data will be deleted once the competition is completed and the winners have been notified.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any other third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- I confirm that I understand the above statement and consent for Legal & General to use my personal data as stated.
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Legal & General (contact details below) is responsible for the promotion and, by entering in the prize draw, each entrant agrees not to hold LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram responsible for the administration and/or outcome of the prize draw.
- If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or platform failure occurs, Legal & General does not take any responsibility for incomplete entries; and any incomplete entries will be considered invalid and will not be included in the prize draw.
- Legal & General Contact Details: Legal & General Assurance Society Limited Registered in England and Wales No. 166055. Registered Address: One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.
To find out how to enter, click here.